Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lucky Man

This morning I got a call from my boss, Doug, at 5:10am. Now since I am up at 4am every morning to get to work by 5:45, it was not that big of a deal. But he never calls me early so I was worried. It turns out that he hit a deer out on I-90 headed to work on his motorcycle going 70mph. He is fine and one lucky man.
He just saw it in his head lights and did not have time to slow down, and you cant swerve on a bike going 70mph so all he could do was to grab the handle bars as hard as he could and brace for impact. He hit it just behind the shoulder so the body of it came around and hit his right side and the impact popped his legs off the bike and off to one side. He skidded about 1/2 mile to a stop hanging onto the handle bars while dragging his feet on the ground (well not dragging more like surfing on the bottom of his feet). He walked away with a sprained ankle and a few scraps on his foot and leg.
So this happened at about 5:10am and by 7:00am he was back at work and still working now. Doug is one lucky man and a great boss. I am glad he walked away from it.

No comments: