Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fun Things

Over the last few weeks Dan and I have done some fun things. We decided to get our Christmas presents early this year. We each got a nice carhartt jacket and hat. Both jackets are dark brown, but different styles. It looks like we are trying to be matchy- matchy, but I swear we aren't, it just ended up that way. We love them!

Then a week later we decided that if we are going to start going on longer day hikes we need day packs. So we both got waist packs (they are like fanny packs that go on your back), very comfortable and easy to wear.

We tried them out the next day after we bought them on our first long hike, about 5-6 miles and 3.5 hours. I will have to post some pictures this weekend when I have time from this hike, it was a blast! Dan has some pics on his facebook. We had a great time and want to go on more, and even maybe try snow shoeing this winter.

The next fun thing we did was spend this last weekend with Dan's Mom. She came out for the weekend, bought us Christmas and birthday presents, lifted weights with us and taught me how to play Yahtzee. I never knew how fun that game was, I am hooked :) Dan and I are both glad we got to see her again, it had been too long since we had seen her last. It was a great weekend!

Well now back to work, I wanted to just give you an update on our life, things are going great :)

No comments: