Sunday, June 21, 2009

Strawberry Salsa



This last week Dan surprised me with making me strawberry salsa for my chicken. He decided it would be a nice thing to make something for me for a change, so he went out and bought everything for it and came home and made it for me :) I was super happy to try something different for a change. Dan found this recipe in Sunset magazine, which I really want to get, when he was on break eating lunch at work.

Here is how you make it:
Toss together 1 cup diced strawberries, 1 tsp. finely chopped jalapeno chile, 1tbsp. chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp. lime zest, 2 tsp. lime juice and salt and freshly ground black pepper to tast. Let is sit for 20 minutes and serve with chicken or any flaky, white-fleshed fish.

I think this is about good for 2 pieces of chicken (I of course, used it on one), so you can double it for more. It is so great though, I loved it. I made more later in the week and put it on a spinach salad with chicken, walnuts, tomato's, cucumbers and a little bit of balsamic vinegar. It was great! It is sweet, but has a little spiciness with the chile, I suggest you give it a try if you want a change.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try sometime!